2014년 8월 25일 월요일

Articulation

1) My argument Write your argument in one sentence. Then, spend some time explaining it.
I want to argue that Language has a profound influence on culture. Although this idea is a common belief that most people know, I have thought that people are unconscious about this. This idea includes the reasons why language affects culture.

2) How I found my argument Explain how your research helped you find your argument. Or, in other words, how did your research evolve into your argument? Start with your research question.
Actually I already had some knowledges or interest in this topic. So I would like to find more specific and professional researches or reasons. My former researches helped me to think more about relation between society, culture and language and to determine this topic. My researches will lead me to think my own reasons.

3) New research questions What do you still need to know? What is your research plan?
I have several questions that need to be resolved.
a) How does language affect culture?
b) Should I mention society or social relations for this topic?
c) Are there some examples to make readers understand more clearly?
I'll continue to think about these questions. However, I don't need specific researches because those are not that helpful to readers (they already know. The argument is already a common belief). I'll start to make my own reasons with some examples. Of course I should find these examples on the Internet.

4) Connections to the Harvard Sampler How is your argument connected to the Harvard Sampler? ANY CONNECTION IS VALID. Please focus on choosing a good argument first, then think about how it is related to the Harvard Sampler. I will help you think of the connection if necessary.
This argument has a connection to the Harvard Sampler. It obviously is directly related to the human mind. Culture is formed by people in society, and those people always use languages. Also culture is made of social behaviors, human emotions, or the way of expressing feeling, and these factors need a language which leads thinking, speaking, listening, etc. Language will be a base for human mind and behavior and it finally forms one particular culture.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기